Duration: 4 consecutive Sundays
10h00 to 17h30
- 21 Oct
- 25 Nov
Duration: 4 consecutive weekdays
10h00 to 17h30
- 24 Sep
- 15 Oct
- 05 Nov
- 19 Nov
- 03 Dec
- 17 Dec
The comprehensive Competent Crew course is designed for beginners who wish to obtain a more advanced ticket when sufficient mileage and experience have been logged. Many of our students who have completed this course and the STCW 95 course are now sailing overseas or crewing on luxury yachts, confirming our motto: Our students sail the world. The course is taught on a Muira according to SA Sailing's syllabus and is therefore internationally accepted.
During this course you will learn:
- General nautical terminology
- Theory of sailing
- Hoisting, lowering, reefing and adjusting sails
- Sail control
- Points of sailing
- Steering according to the wind and to a compass course
- Properties of ropes in common use, knots, anchors
- International Regulations for Prevention of Collisions at Sea
- Safety equipment
- VHF radio urgency and distress calls
- Table Bay Harbour Regulations
Meet at 10h00 at the Good Hope Sailing Academy's classroom, Royal Cape Yacht Club. The course is taught on our yachts including the final practical examination. Only the final theoretical examination is in our classroom. Certificate of Competence and a logbook is issued on completion.
The course is taught to SA Sailing’s syllabus. It is internationally accepted.
A certificate of competence and a log book is issued on completion.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
Please deposit R1000 into Good Hope Sailing Academy.
Current account No. 1371410011. ABSA Bank, Adderley Street, code 312-109.
NB: Please don’t forget to advise Poul-Ejnar Hansen either by e-mail email@example.com or SMS to Mobile 0834430706 when you have paid the deposit, stating:
1) Your name 2) The amount 3) The course you wish to do 4) The date.
Related courses / suggested for you: