Duration: 5 consecutive Saturdays
10h00 to 17h30
Duration: 5 consecutive Tuesday evenings
18h30 to 21h30
- 07 Sep
- 12 Oct
- 16 Nov
- 04 Jan
- 08 Feb
Duration: 4 consecutive weekdays
Monday - Thursday 10.00 to 17.30
- 07 Oct
- 02 Dec
- 13 Jan
Duration: 5 consecutive weekdays
Monday - Friday 10h00 to 17h30
- 19 Aug
- 14 Oct
- 09 Dec
- 20 Jan
- Weather patterns
- Seamanship and skipper's pre-sailing actions
- Cape Town Port Regulations
- Rules of the Road
- Safety at sea
- Compass work
- Plotting a course
- Obtaining fixes
- Chart plotter
- At least 16 years of age.
- An eye test including colour vision (details on the SAS website)
- 200 miles logged on a sailing vessel as an active member of crew.
- 2 night hours on watch.
- Chart SAN 3002
- List of Lights
- International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea
- Symbols and Abbreviations
- A Portland plotter
- Navigational divider
- A basic Calculator
You may also request a tailor made course so GHSA will fit in with your timing or schedule. (Course demands remain the same).Fee includes all course notes. Sailing from Royal Cape Yacht Club. Meet at 10.00 Good Hope Sailing Academy's classroom, Royal Cape Yacht Club. To register with SAS for the Day Skipper ticket you will need:
- A photocopy of your logbook with records of your experience.
- A VHF SRC Radio and licence.
- An eye test (details on the SAS website)
The course is taught to SA Sailing’s syllabus. It is internationally accepted.
A certificate of competence and a log book is issued on completion.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
Please deposit R1000 into Good Hope Sailing Academy.
Current account No. 1371410011. ABSA Bank, Adderley Street, code 312-109.
NB: Please don’t forget to advise Poul-Ejnar Hansen either by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS to Mobile 0834430706 when you have paid the deposit, stating:
1) Your name 2) The amount 3) The course you wish to do 4) The date.
Related courses / suggested for you: